terça-feira, 9 de março de 2010

Rasputina - My Little Shirtwaist Fire

Ainda comemorando o Dia Internacional da Mulher vamos com essa banda feminina novaiorquina de punk-gótico-esquisito que se auto-denomina de "cello-rock" e que fez uma canção em homenagem às garotas que morreran na Triangle Waist Factory.




My Little Shirtwaist Fire




Once it started,
The frail and fainthearted
Just withered to the floor.
Oh so sadly
We examined hands burned badly
By that which no man fears more-
The terrible flames of
All that remains of
My Little Shirtwaist Fire.
My best friend was
Alone in the alcove,
Does anyone see her there?
Such a sweet face,
trapped in the staircase
By the smell of her own burning hair and the
Terrible flames of
All that remains of
My Little Shirtwaist Fire.
Glow baby glow as the embers they died there,
Nobody knows what we saw inside there.
Twisting and burning, the girls' fine young bodies
Yes, we're burning can you help us please?
Yes, we're begging, we're on bended knees
Oh, my Little Shirtwaist Fire.
Girls work hard for
Small rewards or
Invitations to dine
Or one kind word from
One who loves them but
What I have earned is mine-
The terrible flames of
all that remains of
My Little Shirtwaist Fire.


Band: Rasputina
Album: Thanks for the Ether
Song: My Little Shirtwaist Fire
Date: 1996
Label: Sony



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário